Aug 17, 2008

I am Not Forgotten

So we sang this tune today at church called, "I Am Not Forgotten". OK, so the tune is actually pretty anthropocentric - I like the music, but I wish more of the tune was focused on Worship of the Christ alone... But that is a thought for another blog post.

As we were sining I thought... "It is not possible that God could actually forget anything". He is eternal. He never actually remembers something. I know the scriptures use the phrase, remembrance, but it is not in the same sense that we think of remembering. For God's mind is eternally perfect. So He can never forget anything He has every thought or spoken. In fact, he actually does not forget the believer or the unbeliever. He is perfectly in remembrance of every event of eternity.

Jesus is the same today, yesterday and forevermore (Hebrews 13:8). The grass withers and the flower fades away but the Word of the Lord endures forever (1 Peter 1:24).

Christ is ALL

No comments: