Sep 3, 2008

Christ on the Brain

If you are one of my brothers or sisters who attended the Christocentric Conference in Indiana, PA this last week, you will know what I am talking about.

Christ Pre-occupation.

The Lord Jesus Christ should be that which we have set our mind on as we engage with any new activity. He his our thinking starting point - the person we engage with that we may do all things to His Glory.

Jesus Christ ought to be our leading thought. The sermon at the conference emphasized, " Often times, our point of determination is more self-centered..."I will not waste my time", "I will not back down", "I will not forget", "I determine to be on-time from now on...". upon arriving at Corinth, Paul's intention was singular, specific and focused. 1 And I, brethren, when I came to you, did not come with excellence of speech or of wisdom declaring to you the testimony* of God. 2 For I determined not to know anything among you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified" (1 Corinthians 2:2)

Can you see that this is Paul's has intentially decided to intensely recognizeand lay hold of our Lord Jesus Christ? He is increasing in Christocentricity. He was planning His thoughts before time. He had a Christocentric Epistemology what he would learn, think and teach would be the Lord Jesus Christ.

Let us determine to consider, think on, and obey Him before!

Christ is all!

No comments: