Aug 15, 2008

My Family Twice

I am going to spend a bunch of time with my family tomorrow. I haven't seen many of them for awhile. However, what I am most looking forward to is the chance to share with my spiritual family.

Blood ties are nothing in the kingdom.

We are taught to care for our children and wives, love our wives, respect our husbands, honor our parents, and discipline our children. These are good and right in the Lord. But in the Kingdom, we have a deeper bond with those who believe on the Lord Jesus Christ. Consider this verse... Mark 3:32-35 reads...

And a multitude was sitting around Him; and they said to Him, "Look your mother and brothers are outside seeking you. But he answered them saying, "Who is my mother or my brothers?" And He looked around in a circle at those who sat about Him and said, "Here are my mother or my brothers! For whoever does the will of God is my brother and My sister and mother."

So when I fellowship with my earthly family that is also my heavenly family, I have true fellowship. Pray that our fellowship is rich and In Christ.

No comments: