Oct 13, 2008

I Complain too much

Phillippians 2:14-15

14 Do all things without complaining and disputing, 15 that you may become blameless and harmless, children of God without fault in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world,

This verse disturbs me. I have come to learn that I have the heart of a complainer. The Lord is not a complainer - what I mean is the Lord did all things on this earth without complaining or grumbling. He trusted His daddy enough to know that he ought not whine, disagree, grumble and dispute situations or their outcomes. In this verse Paul points out that when do complain and dispute our testimony in the world is damaged. Conversely, we want to "become blameless and harmless, children of God without fault in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation."

Lord - I want to shine as a light in a dark world. Help me to hold my toungue tightly; not complaining about minor things, focused on my own comfort, and seeking my own desires. But rather, seeking your desires, placing others above me and accepting where I am - now.

No comments: